Tulihan sitä sadetta vihdoin. Ukkonen paukutti yöllä oikein kunnolla ja vettä tuli solkenaan. Nurmikko kiittää! Onneksi vettä on luvassa lisää tällä viikolla, vastaistutettujen puiden ja siirtonurmikon kastelu käy jo työstä.
We finally got some much-needed rain last night. Thunderstorm woke me up in the middle of the night and it was pouring. We have not had any rain for weeks so it was nice. We are supposed to be getting some more rain this week, I am really looking forward to it.
Here is the SP121 Questionnaire:
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love natural fibers: wool, silk, and alpaca are my favorites. Blends are fine, as long as the synthetic content is not too high. Synthetic fibers make me itchy and uncomfortable. I’m also not too keen on novelty yarns.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a roll-up needle case that my sister made me. I also have an old tool box that I use to store everything that does not fit in the roll-up case.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned to knit a thousand years ago, when I was about 5 years old. My mom taught me and I have been knitting ever since. I would say I’m advanced in many things, but then cannot seem to master some things. For example, stranded colorwork is still not my cup of tea.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have a wish list at amazon.co.uk
5. What’s your favorite scent?
I tend to get a headache from heavy scents. I love the scent of newly-cut grass. I wish that could be stored in a bottle for the long winter days!
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I do have a sweet tooth, but try not to give in to it too often. I mostly long for candy that I cannot get here in Finland: salt water taffy and Reese’s peanut butter cups.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I love cross stitching and sewing, but have not had too much time to do them lately. I also crochet and do bobbin lace from time to time. I would love to learn how to spin, and even have a spinning wheel, but haven’t had the time to try it out yet.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love a variety of music. I listen to everything from heavy metal to country and bluegrass. I have an MP3 player and my computer also plays MP3s.
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
I love warm earth tones (faves brown, green, orange). I dislike purple and lilac. I do not like variegated yarns with a strong color contrast. I do like self-striping yarns, though. Solid or semi-solid is always the safest choice. (I sound awfully picky now, sorry…)
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a hubby and an almost-three-year old son. I also have two cats and a fish tank.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I love scarves, hats and mittens.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
13. What are you knitting right now?
I always have several WIPs. I am knitting some baby items for my friends, and a pair of socks and shrug for myself.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circulars. I love my Knitpicks Options sets.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I don’t even know! I have several very old UFOs that should be frogged. I hate frogging!
18. What is your favorite holiday?
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn, I guess. I love books and have a big library. I also love everything related to cats.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I subscribe to IK and Vogue Knitting. I love all kinds of craft books and never seem to get enough of them!
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
Loom knitting and spinning.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, I am. I have small feet, I wear US size 5 or 6 (European 36-37), and the length of my foot from heel to the big toe is 8 5/8 inches (22 cm). Foot circumference is the same as the length.
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID?