Anteeksi yllättävä hiljaisuus tällä kanavalla. Olen ollut ihan hirveän kipeänä, ja tietysti tauti tarttui Niiloon viikonloppuna. Yöt (ja päivät) kuluvat lähinnä niin, että minä istun ja poitsu nukkuu sylissä, muuten henki ei kulje. Alan olla aika raato, mutta toivottavasti tauti talttuu pian.
Sorry for the unexpected radio silence around here. I have been terrribly ill, and naturally Niilo caught it over the weekend. We spend our nights (and days) me sitting up and him sleeping in my lap, seems to be the only way that he can breathe. I am exhausted, but hoping that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Here is SP13 questionnaire:
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love natural fibers: wool, silk, and alpaca are my favorites. Blends are fine, as long as the synthetic content is not too high. Synthetic fibers make me itchy and uncomfortable. I’m also not too keen on novelty yarns.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a roll-up needle case that my sister made me. I also have an old tool box that I use to store everything that does not fit in the roll-up case.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned to knit a thousand years ago, when I was about 5 years old. My mom taught me and I have been knitting ever since. I would say I’m advanced in many things, but then cannot seem to master some things. For example, stranded colorwork is still not my cup of tea.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have a wish list at amazon.co.uk
5. What’s your favorite scent?
I tend to get a headache from heavy scents. Cinnamon and ginger are lovely Christmas scents.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I do have a sweet tooth, but try not to give in to it too often. I mostly long for candy that is difficult to get here in Finland: salt water taffy and Reese’s peanut butter cups.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I love cross stitching and sewing, but have not had too much time to do them lately. I also crochet and do bobbin lace from time to time. I am slowly learning to spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love a variety of music. I listen to everything from heavy metal to country and bluegrass. I have an MP3 player and my computer also plays MP3s.
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
I love warm earth tones (faves brown, green, orange). I dislike purple and lilac. I do not like variegated yarns with a strong color contrast. I do like self-striping yarns, though. Solid or semi-solid is always the safest choice. (I sound awfully picky now, sorry…)
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a hubby and a three-year old son. I also have two cats and a fish tank.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I love scarves, hats and mittens.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
13. What are you knitting right now?
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I don’t even know! I have several very old UFOs that should be frogged. I hate frogging!
18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?
We observe Christmas and it’s definitely my favorite holiday.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn, I guess. I love books and have a big library. I also love everything related to cats.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I subscribe to IK and Vogue Knitting. I love all kinds of craft books and never seem to get enough of them!
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes. I have small feet, I wear US size 5 or 6 (European 36-37), and the length of my foot from heel to the big toe is 8 5/8 inches (22 cm). Foot circumference is the same as the length.
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID?
My Ravelry ID is hasbu.